Sunday, November 13, 2011

Declutter project - The Settlement

This has been an interesting three day yard sale. Keep in mind it is November and Kansas temperatures were in the 60s, not much wind and lots of sunshine. People kept coming back for all three days.

Friday was our best day and although the scheduled time was from 1 pm - 7 pm, the actual hours of selling were 9:30am - 5:30 pm (once the sun went down and it got cool it was over). We started setting up tables in the yard about 8 am and we started selling by 8:30 and I do not turn people away. I'm here to sell. Friday bought the buyers out and they bought. One lady was a little huffy, "at yard sales nothing should be over $2," she said, and left.

"Bye, bye, " I said as I sat counting my money. *g*

Saturday's 8 am time was too early as it was chilly so people started coming about 10 am when the sun warmed things. For the most part, Saturday brought the garage sale buyers spending money on less expensive things. They kept coming until about 5:30 pm too and I kept selling.

Sunday's 10 am start time was good and our last sale was about 4 pm and sales matched Saturday! Mostly higher priced items with some bargains tossed in. I had a sign up that said. "Today is a Make Offer day". Funny thing several people made me an offer and when I accepted (without arguing) they actually paid me more!! *lol*

Since the sale had a strong holiday theme with 'Christmas" the star it was a lot of fun to listen to people's plans for their new items. :o) Once little girl came her dad and they bought a Lemax Sugar n' Spice house, it needed repair and I felt a little bad so I had another upstairs that was in perfect shape. I gave her the broken one that "daddy can fix" and let her pay for the good one. I'd love to see their little village when it's set up for Christmas. She was a happy camper.

Even though the Declutter divorce isn't final and there is still more to come- this weekend's settlement was nice. And you know as I looked out over my past loves departing--I felt relieved and no remorse. *lol* Maybe even a little giddy.

Next: Still more attic cleaning to go and making a decision where it is going? Consignment auction, online selling and local classifieds. where the best fit is.

Lesson learned: Be accommodating, friendly and remember a little extra goes a long way in making a good experience.

Running total on the Declutter project including gold and silver: $3,329.00


No comments:

Post a Comment